Organic Bread and a Yummy Tomato Bread Recipe
When we look at organic bread we first need to know the benefits of organic bread. There are many manufactures of organic bread that do not even use yeast in their recipes. Instead they allow the bread to rise naturally on its own. This process does take a lot longer, but yeast free bread is easier to digest.
Organic breads that contain at least ½ a cup of oat bran can help in reducing cholesterol.
Many organic types of bread are also dairy free which make them ideal for lactose intolerants and for those following a vegan diet.
Fresh organic bread is thought to be soft, but in actual fact should feel firm. Soft bread could contain preservatives and additives to make it soft according to burningbread2005.com.
There different types of organic breads that can be made include white, whole wheat and multigrain. Some of the best organic breads are speciality breads that include breads with basil, olives, sun dried tomatoes, walnuts, cheese and other such flavours.
Tomato Bread Recipe
- 8 Ounces of Strong Whole Meal Flour
- 12 Ounces of Strong White Flour
- Fresh Yeast
- Olive Oil
- Chopped Dried Tomatoes
- Garlic Cloves
- Tomato Puree
- Dried Oregano
- Dissolve 1 teaspoon of sugar in ½ pint of warm water
- When the sugar is dissolved, mix ½ ounce of fresh yeast in. This will need to sit for at least 15 minutes.
- Place 12 ounces of strong white flour and 8 ounces of strong whole meal flour into a large mixing bowl. Add the yeast mixture to the flours and mix. Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to the mix.
- Knead the dough well and then cover with a kitchen towel. Leave the dough in a warm place for an hour to rise.
- In a bowl put 1 ounce of chopped dried tomatoes. Boil water and pour over the dried tomatoes. Leave these to sit for 15 minutes and then drain.
- Add a tablespoon of tomato puree, one crushed garlic clove and ½ a teaspoon of dried oregano to the sun dried tomatoes.
- Knead the dough again and make it into a rectangle and spread the tomato mixture over the dough.
- Roll the dough and divide it in half.
- Place the halves in an oiled loaf tin and let it sit for 30 minutes.
- The oven should be preheated to 230 degrees Celsius (450 digress Fahrenheit). The bread needs to bake for 35 minutes.